Outlook settings for gmail.com
Microsoft outlook / outlook express is the most widely used pop3 client for gmail.com mail access on personal computers.
The following are the gmail.com outlook settings for POP3 access to be done in outlook client in your computer.
Gmail uses POP3 port number 995 and Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) port number 465. These settings are not the default for a POP3 account in Outlook settings and require you to modify account settings in Microsoft Outlook / outlook express as per gmail pop 3 settings.
gmail.com outlook settings
|gmail POP3 incoming server address||pop.gmail.com|
|Outgoing SMTP server address||smtp.gmail.com|
|gmail POP3 user name||Enter your full gmail email address including @gmail.com Google Apps users will have to enter username@your_domain.com|
|gmail POP password||enter your Gmail password|
|gmail POP port||995|
|gmail POP TLS/SSL required||yes|
Important points and steps to note for gmail.com outlook settings
- In Outlook email client, on the tools menu, click email accounts.
- Click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
- Enter the above mentioned information in the designated fields
- Click the Outgoing Server tab, and then select “my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” check box.
- Select use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then under Server Port Numbers for both incoming server (POP3) and Outgoing server (SMTP), select “this server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)” check boxes. Change the Outgoing server (SMTP) port number to 465 instead of the default one.
- The Incoming server (POP3) port number will automatically change to 995 when you select “this server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)” check box.
- To verify that your gmail.com email account is working, click Test Account Settings. If there is missing or incorrect information, such as your password, user name etc, you will be prompted to supply or correct it. Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet when you are doing this activity.
- All server and address entries etc are to be typed in lowercase letters unless specified by google