How to make cookies at home easily
Cookies can be enjoyed both in summers and winters, if served with the right kind of a beverage. For winters cookies can be savoured with a cup of grand espresso and in summers they can be teamed with milkshakes, cold coffees and even ice cream. Who says cooking is a rocket science? It is easy and a fun activity to make quick snacks like the cookies.
Ingredients to prepare simple butter cookies or better known as plain cookies
- 3/4th part of a stick of butter
- 1/4th cup of sugar
- ½ tea spoonful of cardamom
- 1/4th cup of cashew nuts
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/4th cup of almonds
- 1/4th cup of raisins
- 1/4th table spoonful of baking powder
- Chocolate syrup
- Chocolate chips. Just about a handful of them.
Method for preparation of cookies
- Add sugar, butter and baking powder in a bowl and blend it thoroughly ensuring that no lumps shall appear.
- Now add the cardamom and flour to the blended mix and again beat and blend it.
- While blending the mix add raisins, almonds and cashew nuts to it. Keep stirring meanwhile.
- When the mix is well blended, take one tablespoon of it and flatten it on a smooth non-greased surface or a sheet, making it look like a cookie.
- Now bake the cookie dough kept on the non-greased surface on 350 degree for about 15-17 minutes.
- After it is baked it must be golden brown in colour as this ensures that the cookie has been baked perfectly.
- Garnish the cookies with a small quantity of chocolate syrup poured onto it and a few chocolate chips sprinkled all over.
- Serve with a cup of cool mocha-chillo to beat the summer heat.
Some important tips
- To make chocolate cookies add cocoa powder into the above mentioned ingredients.
- For vanilla cookies, vanilla essence, which is easily available in the market, too can be added.
- For any other flavour, essences can be bought from the market and added into the mix.
- Apart from the toppings mentioned above any other kind of toppings or garnishing materials can be used too depending upon your taste and choice.