How to make French fries at home
We often go to restaurants with family and friends to enjoy the delicious French fries. Even if they fall in the category of junk foods, who doesn’t like breaking the rules once in a blue moon. Eating French fries sometimes does no harm to the body. Nevertheless, we go out and end up eating lots of French fries without realising in what kind of oil has it been made as there are many low quality unhealthy oils too available in the market.
Ingredients to make French fries at home
Here is a very short and simple list of the items required to prepare French fries at home.
- About 6 large baking potatoes
- Oil for frying
- Salt and/or chat masala
Guide to how to make French fries at home
Given below is a very easy to follow step by step guide on how to make French fries at home!
- Cut the 6 large baking potatoes in about 1/3 to ½ inch thick slices. You can use your food processor for this or your manual slicer too.
- Soak these potato slices in ice cold water for about an hour at the room temperature.
- Drain all the water off and pat dry the slices with paper tissues.
- Now put some oil for frying in a pan and heat it.
- Now place the potato slices in the frying pan itself or the deep fry basket.
- Fry the slices until golden brown in colour and tender to touch.
- Now drain the excessive oil off by placing them on tissue paper.
- Sprinkle salt and/or chat masala on it.
- Serve hot French fries with mustard sauce/cheese sauce/schezwan sauce/tomato sauce, as per your choice.