How to make fried rice : Chinese style
Not every, but many dishes are famous globally for its distinguished flavour and recipe. The Chinese are one of the largest consumers of rice in the world and their famous dish, the ‘Chinese Fried Rice’ is loved by one and all. We often wonder how they are so proficient in cooking and never fail to achieve the same taste every time. The answer to this question is that they have their set recipe and methodology that they follow while cooking which can be achieved with practice. The good news is that it is not even difficult to prepare!
Ingredients for preparing fried rice:
- Salt to taste
- 2 finely chopped carrots
- 1/3rd cabbage finely chopped.
- 2 cups of rice
- Pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoonful of refined sunflower oil. Olive oil too can be used if you don’t want to run for extra hours on the treadmill to burn those calories.
- 100 grams of French beans cut small
- 3 finely chopped green chillies
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 sliced onion
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoonful of Soya sauce
- 1/3rd finely chopped ginger to add that zing to it.
Method to be followed in the preparation of chinese fried rice
- Rinse the rice in drinking water thoroughly.
- Soak the rice for 15-20 minutes in water and then drain.
- Now boil some water in a pan, put the rice in it and add a pinch of salt.
- Put the flame on medium and let it cook. One thing to be kept in mind is not to overcook the rice as it needs to be cooked later too with other vegetables.
- Make sure you add in just enough water to rice so that after the water gets evaporated, leaving not a single grain of the rice sticky. For ensuring that the grains of rice don’t remain sticky add some oil or butter while cooking.
- When the rice is cooked rinse it in some cool water and again drain the water.
- Heat some sunflower refined oil in a pan.
- Add finely chopped onion, green chillies, garlic clove, ginger, cabbage and carrots to it.
- Sauté them for 5 minutes.
- Make sure the vegetables are not fully done and remain semi-cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Now put in the rice and mix thoroughly.
- While mixing, add Soya sauce to it and again stir and mix.
- Let the rice cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot Chinese Fried Rice with a cup of herbal tea and sweetened cucumber and cabbage salad to get the real feel of China.