How to make icing for cake
Ingredients for making icing
- One egg white
- 250-300g of sifted powder which is also called the icing sugar. It is easily available in the market.
Procedure for making icing for a cake
- First put all the egg white in a bowl and start stirring it.
- While stirring start adding the icing sugar to it. Remember to add sugar in small amounts slowly. If the mix appears too watery keep adding more icing sugar to it.
- Keep stirring and beating the mix until it appears to be glowing and becomes firm, appearing like the cake icing. Check by taking out some mix on the spoon.
- Now cover the bowl with a warm towel for some time.
- After removing the cover the icing will appear to be just perfect and ready to be spread over the cake.
- Spread the icing on the cake evenly with a spatula and your cake looks perfect.
You can also make patterns and designs on your cake by using a nozzle. In case you don’t have a nozzle, you can use a grease proof paper, like a butter paper to make the nozzle.
Some more useful tips
In case you don’t want to use egg whites and want a splash of colour to it, use lemon or orange juice sans pulp.
- To give your icing a flavour use cocoa powder, coffee or vanilla powder.
- Always remember that to add more zing to your cake only use natural colouring and flavouring materials with no synthetic base.