Hyperacidity cause and cure
Our stomach secretes certain amount of acid everyday which is necessary for digestion of food. But sometimes overproduction of stomach acid lead to condition called hyperacidity. This excess amount of acid which is not required by stomach become cause of hyperacidity and produce symptoms like heart burn, formation of gas in stomach, burning sensation above the stomach, headache, dizziness, vomiting, nausea, constipation
One should take care of this problem as soon as possible because in severe condition of hyperacidity it affects normal heart function which results in to heart attacks. Also excess acid secretion can damage protective layer of lining of stomach which create ulcer.
Things which triggers excessive acid secreation
Excessive drinking of tea / coffee / alcoholic beverages, highly spiced foods like chilies / pickles, oily foods, too much seasoned food, heavy meal, irregular meals.
Anxiety, anger, Excessive stress, worry, over mental activity, excessive thinking, long working hours, work over load.
These are some disease conditions which may contribute to hyperacidity.
GERD (gastro esophageal reflux disease)
Hypercalcemia (increased calcium level in body)
Gallstones (crystalline bodies form within gallbladder)
Irregular sleeping habits, lack of physical exercise, smoking habits
Steps to be taken to overcome hyperacidity
- The most important thing is to identify your causative factors and try to avoid them.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks and smoking.
- Try to maintain regular eating habits and include fresh vegetables, fruits in your diet. Take fiber rich diet. Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid spicy, salted, oily foods, heavy meals. Divide your meal in five small portions. Take small meal each time. One should eat peacefully chewing thoroughly. It is very essential to ensure that there is little oil and condiments in the food. Chewing produces saliva which is good for digestion of food.
- Improve your lifestyle: Do regular exercise, have a good amount of sleep, do not change your sleep pattern too frequently.
- Try to reduce stress levels.
- There are many treatments available today for hyperacidity so if you have suffered from hyperacidity go to your doctor immediately to seek proper treatments.
- Early detection and treatment prevent further complications like ulcers, heart problems.