National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur
Located in district Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh, India National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (NITH) was a part of Regional Engineering colleges in India.
Just like other NITs, it too was started with the purpose of boosting technical studies in India. It had started with not many students in its first batch but soon NITH gained popularity and more and more students started applying here to gain knowledge in the technical area of their interest. Students of NITH are competent with any other leading institute of technical studies and make their mark in the industry after getting placed. The tutorial staffs of NIT, Hamirpur is very dedicated and skilled and enlighten the students with the knowledge they have gained in their years of teaching and researching.
Contact Information of NIT, Hamirpur
Address of NIT Hamirpur
National Institute of Technology,
Dist. Hamirpur- 177005, Himachal Pradesh.
Phone: 0172-222308, 254001, Email: email@example.com
Facilities at NIT-HAM Campus
The NIT, Hamirpur campus is 4 kilometres from the Hamirpur Bus Stand and is well connected to the city road. The campus has good infrastructure with all the basic amenities. The campus offers breath-taking scenic views and is surrounded by beautiful pine trees. The campus is an epitome of the natural beauty of Himachal Pradesh. The campus has residential facilities for students.
There are 6 hostels in the campus. 5 are for boys and 1 is for girls. The hostels have separate messes, solar heating systems, recreation halls, badminton courts and table tennis play areas. Each room is provided with an internet facility. There are separate gymnasiums for both boys and girls with latest equipments installed.
Moreover, the campus has following facilities for students to offer:
- A Central Library
- Health Care
- Extra Curricular Activities Area
- Sports Area
- Bank and Post Office
- Computer Laboratory
- Training and Placement Cell
Departments at NITH
- Computer science and engineering
- Electronics and communication engineering
- Civil engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Applied sciences and humanities
Courses offered at NIT, Hamirpur
Admission at National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur
Admission in undergraduate courses is done on the basis of AIEEE marks secured by the students. For post-graduation courses the GATE scores are considered. MBA courses have separate entrance tests. The academic year starts from August and lasts till May every year. Students with financially less strong backgrounds are supported in terms of fees. Students are also granted scholarships depending on their marks.
Students’ Communities at NIT, Hamirpur
Students at NITH have self-formed communities to work with. At NITH, they believe all work and no recreation will make students dull. They need to actively be involved in extra curricular activities too.
- Srijan: This is an annual magazine incorporating the creativity of the students at NIT, Hamirpur. Their literary writings are worth reading.
- Prayas: This is a community formed to educate the illiterate children, a very noble work on the behalf of NIT, Hamirpur students.
- SPEC: This community was formed under the supervision of the Electronics and communication department. Student members of SPEC organise events, workshops and educational tours for students.
- SPIC MACAY: The students of this community work towards spreading awareness and appreciating the culture of India. They organise cultural programs to celebrate, our being Indian.
- CSS: The Community Services Scheme (CSS) is actively involved in social services of various kinds and helping the mankind.
Alumni of NIT, Hamirpur
NIT, Hamirpur Alumni Association was formed with a motive of keeping the alumni and teaching faculty network strong. They organise annual meetings and functions to keep in touch with each other.