Tired eyes home remedy
‘Tired eyes’ is a common problem with most people in the world. There are many reasons why a person would be suffering from this problem. With a much busier and demanding lifestyle such problems become a routine. If left untreated they can cause great discomfort to the eye. First of all we need to have a look at the symptoms of tired eyes.
Tired eyes symptoms
- Heaviness in eyes and head
- Puffiness around eyes
- Irritation in eyes
- Sore eyes
- Redness in eyes
- Excessive watering from eyes
- Dryness in eyes
- Itchiness in eyes
- Sore neck
- Blurred vision
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Pain in the eyes
Reasons for tiredness in eyes
There are many reasons why a person would suffer from tired eyes. Let’s have a look at them.
- Strain and stress
- Continuous TV watching/ continuous working on the computer/ continuous reading without giving rest to the eyes
- Inadequate sleep
- Exhaustion due to work
- Inadequate oxygen supply to the cornea of the eye
- Excessive crying
- Writing, reading, watching television or working on the computer in dim light
- Exposure to bright glaring light
Tired eyes home remedies
To getting rid of the ‘tired eyes’ problem there are some very effective home remedies that never fail to provide relief to the eyes. Read further to know them.
- This might sound a little strange but definitely is worth the efforts. Put a spoon in the refrigerator. Take it out after sometime so that the spoon is cold enough and then place it over the eyes. This removes puffiness greatly. Remember not to put the spoon in the freezer.
- Cut fresh cucumber slices and place it on the closed eyelids. This provides coolness to the eyes thus bringing relief to the puffiness, irritation, redness and other related problems.
- Dip two cotton balls in cool water and place them on the closed eyelids. Dipping cotton balls in tea water/cold milk works very well too.
- Splashing cold water in eyes several times a day helps eyes to relax and prevent them from getting tired and puffy.
- If you have to work on the computer for long hours or read for long hours you must take small breaks every now and then to avoid eyes from getting tired.
- Add a few drops of lavender oil in a bowl of water soak cotton balls in it and then put it over the closed eyelids. They bring instant relief too.
- Placing cool refrigerated strawberries over the eyelids helps greatly too.
- Putting cool diluted rose water in eyes helps greatly too. You can also dip cotton balls in cool rose water and put it over the eyelids to bring immediate relief.