Window ac or split ac which one to buy
It is often confusing which ac to buy for your home, window or split ac. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. The ideal ac which suites best and has the maximum star ratings is the best for you.
We will assist you in choosing between window and split air conditioner
These are hanging out of many house windows. This is the most used and economical air conditioner system. It is a single unit, which sits in a window or an opening in a wall with its rear releasing hot air outside and the front part releasing cool air into the room. Windows AC has size limitation and doesn’t go beyond 2 Ton capacity
The splitting of the two units in an AC allows one to install the cooling unit inside and the hot noisy compressor unit outside with flexibility. Since two units are separate they can be larger or smaller, hence two indoor small units can be connected to one large outdoor unit.
Window air conditioner is more suitable in the following cases
- When you stay in a rented accommodation and you frequently change your home, window AC is the best. Forget the split AC as installation charges are very high and un- installation / reinstallation is a costly affair as compared to window AC
- Window air conditioners are cheaper than split air conditioners
- You have made a vent in the wall for the installation of the window AC then this is the best AC as this will not block the windows
- Power consumption is more or less the same in split and window air conditioner, more tilted towards the window AC, this should not be a deciding factor
- Window air conditioner has more market share due to the above-mentioned factors. About seventy percent buyers prefer to by window air conditioners and the remaining thirty percent buy split air conditioners
Split air conditioner is more suitable in the following cases
- You have your own house and ac is to be fixed as a one time affair
- Proper vent in the wall is not available for window ac and if installed in window it disrupts the views and also doesn’t looks aesthetically right
- The installation of split air conditioner is highly flexible. The wall on which the AC installation is required may not be the outer wall. It may be a common wall between two rooms.
- Noise factor. Window air conditioner makes more noise as compared to split air conditioner as in case of split air conditioner the compressor is installed away from the indoor unit. If noise is disturbing for your sound sleep go for split air conditioner.
- If planned window AC is exposed to direct sunlight or area around it is restricted leading to less air flow, and split AC outdoor unit can be placed in a shady and airy area, split AC will consume less energy and will be cheaper in the long run plus added convenience of split air conditioner is there.
- If the room is large and requirement of room is more than 2 ton of cooling capacity.
- Split air conditioner is more aesthetic looking and there is a wide variety of designs and colours available to suite your requirements.
- Power consumption is more or less the same in split and window air conditioner, this should not be a deciding factor. If properly installed split AC’s may actually give better efficiency than window air conditioners
|Parameter||Which will be better window or split AC|
|Ease of installation||Window AC|
|Flexibility to install anywhere||Split AC|
|Noise levels||Split AC|
|Room Aesthetic looks||Split AC|
|Variety of models||Split AC|
|More than 2 Ton requirement||Split AC|
|Power consumption||Both consume same power|
|Star rated modes||Available in both types, four and five star rated models generally not available in window AC|
|Mobility, Shifting||Window AC|
|Save electricity||Use fans to the extent possible|