Ulcers in mouth
Causes of ulcers in mouth
There are many reasons why ulcers may develop in mouth. These reasons are listed below.
- Digestive system disturbances like irregular bowel movement, constipation etc.
- Unbalanced or incorrect diet
- Constant stress and fatigue
- Smoking or consuming tobacco and drinking alcohol
- Hormonal changes during puberty
- Menstruation or pregnancy
- Bacterial or viral infections
- Deficiencies of vital nutrients in the body like vitamin B12, iron and folic acid.
- Physical injury in the mouth
- Genetic factors
Treatment for ulcers in mouth
There are many remedies which are simple to follow and bring instant and permanent relief to the ulcers in mouth. These treatments are listed below.
- Application of pure ghee, glycerine or honey on the ulcers cure them fast
- Consuming a combination of banana and curd
- Decoction of the bark of Banyan tree decreases the pain and helps cure the ulcers
- Application of Kattha or Acacia Catechu is a very effective cure for ulcers in mouth
- Some turmeric mixed in water could be gargles twice or thrice a day to cure ulcers
- Warm water mixed with fresh lemon juice and salt brings great relief
- Gooseberry leaves or amla leaves if boiled in water and filtered must be used for washing mouth with to cure ulcers
- Harad or haritkari powder mixed with honey must be applied on ulcers in mouth.
- Washing mouth with tomato juice or eating raw tomato helps a great deal.
- Washing mouth with a mixture or bitter gourd juice and plum powder or phitkari powder is also very effective in curing ulcers in mouth. In case you don’t get plum powder you can wash your mouth with just the bitter gourd juice.
- Boil guava with water and salt and use the decoction washing mouth
- Chewing vaali leaf or henna leaves also helps a lot
- Mixing camphor in pure ghee and applying on the ulcers and washing thereafter too is a great reliever.
- Boil pomegranate skin in water and use that water for washing mouth to get rid of ulcers in mouth
- Peepal tree root bark juice heals ulcers very effectively.
- Chewing poppy seeds with dry coconut is a good remedy.
- Chewing cry coconut with mishri is also a very good way to ward off ulcers in mouth.