Indian Institute of Technology: IIT, Delhi, Department of Management Studies (DMS)
Not only Technical studies but management studies of IIT Delhi too are well known in India.
History of MBA courses at IIT Delhi
Professor Sudhir Kakar was the co-ordinator of Department of Management Studies (DMS) when it first started. At that time this department was called ‘School of System and Management Studies’.
Academics related information regarding MBA Courses at IIT-Delhi
Post graduate management programs offered at Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi are:
- 2 years full time Master of Business Management (MBA) program for studying Management Systems.
- 2 years full time MBA program for studying Telecommunication Systems in collaboration with Bharti School of Telecommunication Technology and Management.
- 3 years part time MBA program for studying Technology Management.
The choices for areas of functional specialisation in MBA, IIT Delhi
- Information Technology (IT)
- Human Resource (HR)
- Organisational Management
- Operations Management
IIT Delhi MBA admissions
For getting admission into full time MBA programs at IIT Delhi the students have to appear for Joint Management Entrance Test (JMET) and for the part time MBA course students have to go through a separate process of a written test, group discussion and finally a personal interview.
Academic Infrastructural facilities for MBA students of IIT, Delhi
- 5 Lecture Theatres
- Syndicate Rooms
- Seminar Hall
- A Department Library
- Central Library
- An Auditorium
- Acoustic and Visual Presentation area called the ‘Vishwakarma Bhawan’
- A common Computer Laboratory which is to be shared with students of other courses.
- E- Commerce Laboratory
- Network Security Laboratory
- Research Laboratory
- Behavioural Laboratory
- Strategy and Competitiveness Laboratory
- Sun Competency Laboratory
Placements for MBA students by IIT Delhi
Placements given to the MBA students by IIT Delhi are not confined to national level but go way beyond it. Some of the organisations where students have been placed are mentioned below:
- Alcatel Lucent
- Bharti Televentures
- British Petroleum
- Bank Of America
- Cap Gemini
- Frito Lays
- Godrej Industries
- Glaxo SmithKline
- HCL Technologies
- ICICI Bank
- Idea Cellular
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Maruti Udyog Ltd.
- Patni Computer Systems
- Reliance Infocom
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Tech Mahindra
Contact details of IIT DMS
Head, Department of Management Studies (DMS)
Address: Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, Vishwakarma Bhawan, Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg, New Delhi- 110016.
Telephone mumber 011-26591171